- Tech Specs
- Length 5.43 inches (137.92 mm)
- Thickness 0.04 inches (1.02 mm)
- Width 2.83 inches (71.88 mm)
- Weight 0.03 lb (0.48 oz)
- Depth 0.41 inches (10.41 mm)
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- It's just what the S3 needed
Just over two years ago, I got my Sprint Galaxy S III. Although not large by 2014 standards, it was the largest and also thinnest phone I had owned to date. I was on the fence when buying that phone because I just didn't like how it felt in my hands during a call. In addition, the smooth plastic back felt slippery and I was sure I would drop it.
I knew I needed a case, so I shopped at several stores. I was discouraged because most cases added a lot of bulk. I rarely drop phones but the slick feel of the S III had me worried. A trip to Fry's changed that.
I found the Incipio Feather Case (Iridescent Red) and looked at the package. My concerns were:
1) Very thin, and almost too much so.
2) The sides of the case didn't look thick enough to hold the phone securely. Looking at it, it seemed that the phone would simply pop out of the case frequently.
The sales clerk let me take the case out and place it on my phone. My concerns were immediately squelched:
1) Thin is very good. It hardly adds any bulk and what it did add was sorely needed to make holding the S III during a call comfortable.
2) It recessed the buttons, so that they wouldn't be pressed accidentally.
3) The soft-touch felt great, and added the exact amount of tackiness to keep the phone from feeling like it would slip out of my hands.
It's now two years later and the case performed extremely well. I probably dropped my phone a total of 2-3 times. The screen never broke and there are no visible scuff marks on the case. The case never, ever popped off at any time, and has been extremely comfortable to hold.
The case did wear as all things do. Laying the phone face down, a small amount of the soft touch did wear off on the very upper left corner and upper right corner. Also a tiny patch under the camera. The wear never interfered with the use or feel of the phone. I didn't even notice this wear until I started examining it to write this review.
There was one spot where a piece of the case broke off. About 1.25 years into ownership, the thin plastic that is in front of the volume keys (on left side when screen is facing up) cracked on top. A few months later the bottom cracked, breaking off this thin piece from the rest of the case. The result was not problematic and didn't interfere with the use of the case at all and didn't make me feel that the case needed replacing.
All in all, this was a fantastic purchase, well worth the money. I'm writing this review now because I will be retiring my Galaxy S III in favor of my new LG G3. I'm shopping for a case for my new phone and am looking again to Incipio for the G3 feather case. The last one served me well and I'm sure the new one will be as good or better.